Water Care Instructions
Starting and filling your hot tub / spa
- Add Stain & Scale product to your spa water as you fill, IN COLD WATER.
- Once filled, turn power on, turn all pumps on full & set desired temperature. Put chlorine tablets (SPA TABS) in dispenser & add 1 Tablespoon of granular chlorine (CHLOR-AID) Run all pumps on high speed with the cover open for 15 minutes, then close cover and let water heat up.
- Once heated, add your weekly dose of AQUAFINESSETM.
- On a different day, add your weekly dose of SPA PERFECT.
Rinse your spa filter(s) the day after filling your spa. USE JET PRESSURE!
- Test your water and balance if required.
- Check and add chlorine tabs (SPA TABS) in your dispenser if needed.
- Add your weekly dose of AQUAFINESSETM.
- Add your weekly dose of SPA PERFECT (not on the same day as AQUAFINESSETM).
- Rinse your filters with pressure every week. For best results, use a “FILTER FLOSSER” or “AQUA COMB”.
Regular maintenance and useful recommendations
- Soak your filters monthly using AQUAFINESSETM FILTER CLEANING TABLETS: Rinsing is NOT ENOUGH. You need to soak them to remove oils, organic waste and calcium.
- Make sure your spa filter cycles are set properly: Set and keep on “STANDARD MODE” always. Program a MINIMUM of 8 hours per day. (F4 or FIL4). ~ (see manual for details). Or if equipped with a 24 hour system, program accordingly. ~ (see manual for details)
- Drain 1 foot and refill every 3 months: Have your water tested before to know exactly how much to drain. It’s important to replenish your spa water regularly by draining and refilling. Repeat start up procedure each time you drain and refill. ~ (see start and fill section)
- Clean & drain your spa once per year: Before you drain your spa, we recommend you flush and clean the plumbing to ensure that all parts are cleaned from chemical build-up. For best results, use the AQUAFINESSETM SPA CLEAN TABLET.
Testing your spa water
- CHLORINE: KEEP LEVELS BETWEEN 1 & 3: Use SPA TABS and/or CHLOR-AID to regulate.
- ALKALINITY: KEEP OVER 120 AT ALL TIMES: This means in the top 2 blocks on your strips (180-240)
To raise it use ALKA-RISE, 4 caps at a time and retest a few hours later. Repeat if required.
- PH: KEEP OVER 7.4 AT ALL TIMES: If it’s low, it is usually caused by low Alkalinity. Adjust it first!
CALCIUM: KEEP OVER 150: Do not fill with soft water. If it’s below 150, have water tested and adjust.
Helpful tips and tricks
- If your water is foaming/yellow/green/smelly, it’s usually caused by LOW CHLORINE. To repair the problem, add 1 tablespoon of CHLOR-AID, turn pumps on high speed & retest after 2 hours. Keep chlorine between 1 & 3: Fill floater with more chlorine pucks / add pucks more often / adjust floater.
- Cloudy water is usually caused by dirty/clogged filters: Rinse them weekly, with lots of pressure & soak them in a cleaning solution more often! If you don’t have the necessary system to do this at home, bring them in.WE CLEAN FILTERS HERE!
Bring water for testing regularly, We are here to help.
DROP BY OUR SHOWROOM FOR A FREE CONSULTATION.
8,000 square feet of hot tubs and hot tub products.
415 Woodlawn Rd. West
Guelph ON N1H 7M1
Tel: 519-341-SPAS (7727)
COVID-19 Limited Store Hours
6 People Max. in the Store at a time.
Please, only 1 person per family.
Tuesday to Friday: 10 am to 4 pm
Saturday 10-3 pm
HOT TUB SHOPPING BY APPOINTMENTS ONLY:
email: firstname.lastname@example.org to get your info package first.